Are you an experienced and driven candidate with a passion for delivering business insights and solutions to businesses large and small? Are you excited about the cannabis industry, with a desire to help cannabis businesses grow through data-driven solutions? Are you a relationship guru looking to work directly with clients? Do you have an analytical mind, and a passion for people? Are you a problem-solver who is motivated by a challenging and dynamic work environment? If so, we might be looking for you.
Overall Responsibilities: This person will be responsible for building senior level relationships with existing clients, providing support and service to assist clients with day to day needs, deliver analysis and value-added insights to clients across multiple divisions within BDS Analytics, and drive revenue and client retention through relationship-based and consultative service and selling.
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers to drive customer retention
- Excellent relationship building skills a must – build solid relationships with client contacts through day to day interactions and proactively addressing clients’ needs and opportunities.
- Cultivate understanding of clients’ business and business needs through direct communication with the client, and apply BDS Analytics services across multiple divisions to address those needs.
- Develop deep industry insight and expertise within cannabis market; become an expert in the industry and provide ongoing value and support to client base, addressing both short term and long-term opportunities and challenges.
- Build and optimize BDS Analytics’ reporting and report deliverables to better meet client needs.
- Ensure overall client satisfaction by working with multiple groups within BDS Analytics to ensure data, reports, products and services are best aligned to client needs.
- Use strong analytical acumen to interpret data to tell a story, or illustrate insights.
- Consultative selling of new and existing products and/or services:
- Must develop an in-depth understanding of BDS Analytics’ services and products, and the business issues they solve for our clients.
- Deliver revenue growth through renewals and upselling BDS Analytics services
- Consultative selling approach needed to understand business needs, identify pain points and solve problems for clients.
- Strong presentation skills, communication skills, negotiating skills and ability to follow through
Qualifications, Background, Skills
- 5+ years of experience within data analysis, client services, customer success, account management or sales. Category Management or Key Account experience within a manufacturer or retailer a plus.
- Cannabis related experience a plus.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and with a strong internal sense of personal accountability
- Ability to analyze data and develop meaningful conclusions/insights using several data resources, including point-of-sale data analyses and consumer survey data with a deep understanding of how data can be used to identify business opportunities.
- Strong presentation skills with a high comfort level presenting to large groups and senior audiences.
- Demonstrated success in contract negotiations and history of meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
- People management, training, development experience a plus
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities; Experience managing complex and long-term projects a positive.
- Able to work collaboratively with internal & external teams
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Advanced Salesforce or similar CRM experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA
- Travel typically <20%
Interested? Send your resume and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Account Development