BDS Analytics' ground-breaking new report,
"Public Attitudes and Actions Toward Legal Cannabis"
helps you answer your business' most important strategic questions.
BDS Analytics' Consumer Research Division celebrates the release of two inaugural reports “Public Attitudes and Actions Toward Legal Cannabis” covering California and Colorado, with Oregon and Washington now underway. These reports represent some of the first statistically significant, rigorous consumer research in the cannabis sector, showing that cannabis consumers include almost every sub-category of the adult population.
These reports are based on the “BDS Analytics Consumer Trends Survey,” conducted online among 2,000 California and Colorado adults ages 21 years and older with a quota of 1,200 past-six-month marijuana consumers. The study identifies three segments of the public based on actions and attitudes toward marijuana:
- Consumers: Have consumed cannabis or cannabis products within the past six months (from any source)
- Acceptors: Would consider consuming cannabis or cannabis products in the future
- Rejecters: Would not consider consuming cannabis or cannabis products in the future
Key Report Topics Include:
- How large is the market?
- Who are Consumers, Acceptors, and Rejecters?
- What defines different cannabis consumer segments?
- How do lifestyles create communication opportunities?
- When are the occasions and what are the need states?
- Who prefers inhalables, edibles, topicals?
- What are the purchase drivers?
- Who is shopping at dispensaries? What are their attitudes and practices?
- Who is the Medical vs. Recreational Consumer, and what are their preferences?
About the Consumer Research Division
If you are interested in learning more about our "Public Attitudes and Actions Toward Legal Cannabis" reports, or to discuss custom consumer research for your company, email Linda Gilbert, or call 727-906-3319.
Recent Consumer Research Press
Westword - May 10, 2017 - BDS Analytics Survey Compares Colorado and California Attitudes on Pot
The Cannabist - April 26, 2017 - New studies shine light on cannabis consumers’ spending habits
The Daily Beast - April 20, 2017 - Here’s Why We’ve Been Getting Stoned Alone—and Why That’s About to Change
Westword - September 27, 2016 - BDS Analytics Launches Scientific Survey of Nation's Cannabis Consumers
Civilized - September 16, 2016 - Viagra And Cannabis May Have More In Common Than You Think
The Cannifornian - April 27, 2017 - Studies: Medical Consumers Outspend Recreational Consumers